Laura Nowadays

Political Rantings and Insight From a Not-So-Stupid Twenty-Something.

Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, May 11, 2006

I Work Hard For Your Money


Just imagine. You're in the grocery store, finally standing in that obnoxiously long line that has taken you two hours to get to. You just want to go home. You had a long day at work and the only thing standing between you and your big comfy couch is the woman in front of you in line. She is a well-dressed beautiful young woman with three children. You notice her nails are well manicured and she has on the brand new leather coat you've been wanting for months and refuse to buy because it is WAY too expensive. The cashier finally rings all of her items and out of her wallet she pulls....FOOD STAMPS?!? What the heck? This is the story of my life and probably yours. I've decided recently that I am fed up with this scenario. I work way too hard to turn over my money to someone who obviously has his or her priorities screwed up.

The thing that gets me in all of this is that SO many people are getting away with this crime. IT IS A CRIME.

Why is it that there are so many people, predominantly in the inner-cities, that get to lay up all day while the rest of America is working a 40+ hour week? Why is it that these young women continue to make babies that I am taking care of? Why is it that the men get to live off of the women they impregnate? I think there is a MAJOR custody battle in the works. If I'm paying for their housing, school, clothes, and food, I should at least get weekend visitation, right? I'll keep you posted.

These women should be sterilized. No more baby-making if you can't even take care of yourself. The same should go for the men. These people ride the shirttails of the American public without so much as attempting to contribute. The welfare system needs to change, and fast. Welfare is the only form of communism we have in this country and it's bringing everyone down.

These people get wrapped up in drugs, alcohol, and thievery. They have nothing to work for, no way to better themselves because they've been taught laziness. They expect a hand out. As a result of their lack of a decent upbringing, they turn into criminals, robbing and killing the very people that have been paying for them to sit on their rear-ends their whole lives. When all is said and done they get caught, thrown in jail, and then we're paying for them all over again. Stop the Madness!!!!

Here is my proposition; take welfare away! Ok, maybe that's unrealistic. Here's another; monitor it better. If you don't have a job, get one. If you're not compensated well enough there, get a degree (high school first) and you'll make more money, I promise. I'm not saying that people don't need a little help every now and then getting on their feet. I come from a VERY large family, I know money gets tight for everyone. (Except for maybe Bill Gates) So get a second job. Don't just expect the government (or the people) to solve your problem. Those are not the principles this country was founded on. In the 'good old days' if you didn't work, you didn't eat. Whatever happened to that philosophy? It's like we're robbing the poor to give to the lazy.

I know this isn't something people are going to want to hear, but who cares. It's only the people who are sucking America dry that will be bothered. The rest of us want our money back. Here's another proposition, I heard McDonald's is hiring. I know it's a slow start, but with a little effort and education, you'll be movin' on up in no time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home